Friday, May 31, 2013
A few of my favorite things
I wanted to post a few pics of what T has been up to lately, we have had a busy couple of months and T personality is continuing to blossom. She is certainly a very inquisitive girl who can't quite decide if she should go tomboy or girlie girl - so her Mom is therefore trapped in the middle. I was a tomboy, no question. I am pretty sure I had no idea what a duvet cover was until college, I never learned how to put on makeup properly without looking like a clown and I certainly didn't get my toes done unless that included picking dirt from under my nails.
Tessa is into pirates at the moment, the kind that go around with pixie dust helping you to fly. She also likes unicorns and worms. She continues to love music and cooking, that hasn't changed. She wants to be a ghost (I thought she said goat at first) for Halloween or a purple crayon.
Her mind is working in leaps and bounds. She asks a lot of questions - not the classic why (she does this too), but specific questions. The car seems to be where I am fielding the most questions with such topics as transportation (she doesn't believe there use to be no cars - actually laughing at me), the life cycle of a butterfly or a frog, the reason the moon is up at night and the sun is up during the day (are they friends?), and my all time favorite question was a 20 minute discussion on nipples (who has them, why we have them) etc.
She has been telling me her dreams, because I always tell her to have sweet dreams before she goes to bed. These are clearly made up on the spot... " I was at the store, no no I was on a boat with Uncle J and we caught the biggest fish ever. And then we ate ice cream and and and peas".
She can write her first and last name, the S's are trouble - I didn't realize writing fluidly is a skill you learn so they look like backwards Z's. She is just beginning to make her pictures formal rather than scribbling. The best family picture from school she gave to another Mother - I about snatched it from her but I controlled myself. I mean after all the picture did have this Mother's child as part of our family.
We have signed T up for piano to encourage her love of music. I will have flashbacks of my piano teacher visiting my house at 6 am for my lessons. I'm curious to see if the music interest continues and will post on that later. Seems like more work for me quite frankly. I made the terrible mistake of telling the lady I took lessons..and even though this was suppose to be a Daddy/Daughter activity looks like I am now involved as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment