Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"You make me so happy"

Those 5 words melted my heart - seriously. And to make it even better I have the first time on video - completely unscripted, completely from the heart.

I've heard that phase twice - the most recent was on the rare occasion T and I were snuggling. She isn't one for snuggling up for long periods of time, preferring to snuggle and then tickle or jab you for a reaction. But there we were just laying there in our own thoughts and she said it...followed by 'you know why, because you're my Mommy'. OMG, get me a freakin' tissue. I love this kid.

We continue to practice our piano - some days it is quite easy, some days I regret the decision entirely.  She totally can do the things requested of her - I am a witness. It makes it worse when she
'shys' up around the teacher and her bow turns into falling on the floor. I feel like I am on trial every week. Does she do the lessons at home?? yes.

I made an ice cream practice reward chart as motivation, because much like her Daddy she is motivated by food. Oh, who am I kidding? So am I.

I quite like my idea and my design. We tried the potty sticker chart if you remember and she was completely disinterested, so I knew I had to make this more exciting. Check it out people, you add a scoop for each day you practice! Five scoops and we go for ice cream as a reward. We made the flavors together with puffy paint to keep her involved. I wanted to be able to reuse it each week so the clips work out perfectly. What can I say, I should have been a teacher.

Now because I am my worst critic, I should have made the clips for someone who is righthanded but what bothers me most are the letters that are unevenly spaced and sized near the cone. Uggh. 

Fingers crossed she does continue to want to play. She has talked about dance class again and becoming a pirate that rides a unicorn. I can't keep up.







No comments: