Good grief, can someone please remind me to take a few more canned pictures that my child will be able to look at with fond memories?? I had very good intentions of taking a photo of Tessa coming down the stairs each year or posing in front of the tree. Instead our video captures me asking Tessa what was wrong with her bottom and pulling the back of her pants down. I remember my sister cutting tags out of my nieces pants and now we are in that stage...of course it results in hands down your pants rather than telling anyone.
Tessa was completely overwhelmed with the whole Christmas thing. We tried to get her in the spirit...the elf was a bust this year and just lead to me answering multiple questions about magic. Santa, by the way, isn't magic because she sat on his lap. Our poor elf sat in the same place from day 1, she didn't notice she was gone either. Maybe next year.
Tessa was happy with her fishing pole, but not nearly as happy as she was with the hedgehog puppet she saw in the bookstore months before - now that we should have had on video. She actually jumped up and down...and said "Santa knew'd"? I did manage to get some blurry phone pictures. This hedgehog may very well bump her beloved monkey.
We had a lovely day, which concluded with eating dinner with our
neighbors. I hesitated when we were invited. I mean for me you spend
this with family and I felt we would have been intruding. It was such a
nice time, and I believe we left saying lets do this again.

