I have no doubt this Mom will be teased on the blurry photo on her birthday morning (previous post) that looks like she is slightly hungover holding up 3 fingers in the T-shirt her aunt made, which I have now practically ruined but that is another story. Tessa was quite excited, although you couldn't tell in that photo but alas my child is NOT a morning person.
One of the best parts about her birthday was the little friend in her class announcing as she came in that is was "It's Tessa's birthday everybody, she's here!". This is the same little boy who told her in front of me that he liked her shirt one day. I swear she blushed. I didn't invite him to her party (gulp), this was before I knew the infatuation.
It has taken me a while to post the party photos, because I strongly believe in asking parents before I post pictures of their children in a public forum. Makes it tricky for group shots for sure.
It was a girl thing, it was an art party, it was a mini you touch museum with lots of areas to play and the owner was well suited for the short attention spans of the children. Tessa had a blast, proven by the 3 hour nap.
Let me also say this is the first year, that we had the party away from the house. Less stressful for sure, I like it. We are not party people, small groups are our thing and frankly parties can get out of control quickly. And I'm not talking about the juice consumption. I'm talking about me being a freak cleaning and organizing - it is a problem I may seek treatment for one day. The flip side for us is that Tessa ended up having 4 parties instead of one. It was the sugar shack around here for a week straight. Tessa was in her glory and I personally needed a detox.
