I must be insane, seriously. Why I thought I could whip together a clown costume I have no idea. This pattern says easy, 2 hours! WHATEVER. It does not say beginner, that tiny little oversight that will make or break me. I have been working on this masterpiece (lower right) for approximate 10 hours over two weekends. I have ripped a few seams, and cussed McCalls and about died when I discovered I had to sew on 1/16 of an inch of bias tape. Bias tape by the way is a devil's idea much like panty hose.
Thank goodness I have some great friends who have been a tremendous help without mocking me too much. The best advice...visualize. I have been, and I have also found myself talking out loud to my MIL who would have had this done in 2 hours with a cup of tea in her hand while doing a crossword.
Out of curiosity I did check out the clown costumes for sale, you know just in case I have a major breakdown or this becomes a huge failure. I haven't found a costume I like better so this give me a bit more drive to get this done!
