

We celebrated Dadda's birthday with Dunkin Donuts and tractor rides. I was prepared to make a cake, but alas my husband's choice was donuts. Jelly to be exact....GAG. I hate jelly donuts. Jelly should not be injected into anything. Clearly this day was not about me, but as I was picking them up Tessa and I shared a few donut holes. And the aftermath was a glazed mess in the carseat. This seat may not last for a second child, it is full of crumbs as is my car. :)
Tessa is starting to string words together which is funny to me. I still have to translate (a lot) but her speech is getting clearer each day. She sang "Happy..To You" many times through the day. She accidentally added Tessa into the song a few times, giggled then corrected herself and said Dadda. I love how toddlers can laugh at themsleves, over nothing in particular.
We are struggling a bit with the effects of thumb sucking. I don't mind that she sucks her thumb, I did it and survived. Tessa has a nice raw cracked sore because of this habit. We have tried band aids, but even the smallest ones are seriously too big for her tiny finger. So I have resorted to sneaking in her room late at night rubbing cream on the offending thumb. Tessa isn't dedicated to one side so the other thumb is getting some action. Fair is fair after all.
2 comments:
LOL! I am still cleaning up crumbs from the donuts on the way to the Aquarium! ;) Oh well- a care is never the same once children come into play.
PS. I am with Will- LOVE JELLY DONUTS! yyuumm!
My husband's favorite doughnuts are jelly, too; maybe it's a guy thing? If you're looking for quick healing, there's nothing like Bag Balm (as long as she doesn't suck the thumb in her sleep).
Ruby
Post a Comment