Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rain



A month ago I would have been complaining about more rain, but taking it in stride we bought an umbrella and a new fishing hat and outside we went. The rain has been a welcome break from the awful heat we have had this week. But it has been a very rainy spring/summer so far. We have been in the pool literally everyday after school - the water is freezing and such a nice relief. Lexi has also been enjoying the pool water. She won't get in but is more than happy to taste Tessa's offerings from a cup.
We have recently bought a little tikes car that Tessa's BFF Abaigh has at her house. I tried in vain to find one used but had little luck. I just wasn't comfortable with the condition of the ones we found and the used store didn't have one. Regardless, Tessa's loves it just as Abaigh's Mom said she would! We have it in the house with the rest of the toys that are taking over my world. It will venture outside shortly.
We have been waiting for the rain to end so our landscaping can begin. When our house was built I asked the contractors to leave the rocks. My mistake, as we were in China when this occurred and they just piled up the rocks everywhere on the tree line which looks terrible. These are big rocks, much bigger than we could move so we called in the professionals. In the end we will have two garden areas and a place for a future swing set. I can't wait!!

2 comments:

MaryKate said...

Love the photos with the umbrella - looks like she could use it to catch the rain!

China Dreams said...

I just love the second photo of her dragging the umbrella along behind her. You should enter it in a contest.

Ruby