Saturday, June 25, 2011

Chicken nugget in the bathtub.




If only I could say the title didn't happen, but toddlers in their requests and a husband who temporarily lost his mind and you get well, a soggy chicken nugget that Mommy had to flush and therefore cause a major breakdown. Add to the fact that said husband in that brief moment of insanity decided to eat the remaining nuggets...good grief.

We go on to experience pee in the ball pit which was brief insanity on my part. One must let a toddler experience freedom from diapers. I do this frequently, I won't lie but I usually time it well. That is of course what you always think until you hear a little voice saying 'Ut Oh, Ut Oh'. Luckily for me the ball pit has a plastic bottom, so other than removing wet toddler from tiny opening and balancing pee puddle and plastic balls for sanitizing it wasn't too bad of a clean up.

And then there are the night terrors which I can tell you are tough to resist intervening with especially when you stumble in your sleep delirium stepping on a cat in the darkened room without your eyes on. Will has some turn her twice hold her to the heavens move which seems to work. I laughed when he told me, actually I think I sat up in bed...how in the world did you come up with that at 3 am?

Food is an experiment a this age, textures and flavors and the general look I sometimes receive as though what I just served may very well be poison makes for fun meal times. Lately Tessa has been approaching food cautiously and then gorges to the point she can't hold anymore in her mouth and then spits it out. It isn't like spitting more like when you overstuff something and it oozes. Yes, that would be a good way to describe it - oozes out of her mouth. Gross.

We went berry picking and the first 5 she spit out immediately, seriously they barely had time to touch her tongue. The exact opposite of how Lexi eats treats. Neither case allows for savoring of the food. Anyway, You see how it ended..she loved them, just like last year. I looked like an accident victim when I got back to the house. I had a big red smear across my neck and on my face. Thank goodness I didn't run into my neighbor. I fear he must think we have poor hygiene. Every time he sees me I am covered in dirt or snot or red fruit stains.

Having fun = toddler

1 comment:

China Dreams said...

Except for the night terrors, it certainly sounds like a fun life!

Ruby