Sunday, May 2, 2010

Catching Up



The last few days have been trying - Tessa continues to be sick and was running a fever yesterday. Add that to Tessa projectile vomiting, peeing on me and the little girl who deliberately wiped buggers on me and I wasn't in the mood for posting. But today is a new day.

We arrived in Guangzhou with no problems, Tessa did fine on the plane and was smiling at the lady sitting next to me. Thank goodness she was nice because I crawled over her the moment we were allowed to get up. The intracountry flights do not allow liquids of any kind so all the kids had to wait until we were in the air for a bottle. Before we boarded a very brazen lady asked us how much we paid for the baby and if our adoption was legal. I was speechless.

We are staying a the White Swan in Guangzhou, famous for it's red couch picture although this place is so huge I have yet to see said couch. Breakfast yesterday was swarming with adoptive parents and we met up with the two families we started our trip with a week ago. Our room is fine, a bit bigger is size but the beds are smaller (if you can imagine). We have a very nice view of the Pearl River and the lights at night are lovely.

Yesterday we went to a local park which reminded me a Willy Wonka. I was thinking we were going to be able to drink from the trumpet vines. It was beautiful - millions of flowers of all types. Some were exactly like those we have at home (different variety no doubt). There were waterfalls, a greenhouse (which we opted not to go in as we thought it would be too hot, turns out it was cooler in there than outside), a rose garden and an area with character statues. The statues were of characters like Hello Kitty, Naruto, Mr. Incredible, Spiderman, YU-GI-OH and of couse Mario/Luigi. The landscaping was breathtaking and very detailed. It is a holiday weekend so the place was packed with families. All was going well until what we are calling the "incident".

We were minding our business sitting on a rock in the rose garden feeding Tessa - It was a lovely setting. I picked her up and I felt a rumble...I told Will, "she's going to blow!". She projected vomit all over the bush behind me and on my shoulder, not once but 3 times. Uggh. The guy enjoying his lunch next to us didn't even move. Needless to say we drew a crowd, as if they aren't already looking at us. We composed ourselves and found another shady spot to change her clothes - again drawing a crowd. I now know way mother lions attack onlookers.

7 comments:

Sarah123 said...

Oooooooh noooooooo! My worst nightmare. You poor thing! But....she looks super cute in her pictures and so do you. Hopefully, all are recovered now? I've read a couple blogs where the poor parents experienced major poop blowouts with their babies (clarify, the babies blew out not the parents) and all the "onlookers" trying to tell them what to do and how to do it in Mandarin.

Karen said...

She is too cute! You are on the home stretch now!

Daria said...

I hope Tessa's feeling better!!! I'm glad she did good on the plane ride, it was good practice for the long ride to come! Have fun and be safe!

GA GA said...

I am so sorry for you Three. Tessa just seems to be breezing through- what a little trooper. You will be home soon-Hallelujah!!

Allison said...

That top photo of Kelly and Tessa, the circle resembles a halo. Tessa is so fortunate to have the two of you for her parents! I wish you the best in your journey home. We still are waiting to hear when we can head home from TX, hopefully in the next day or two. We are ready! Love you all!

amy brown said...

In spite of being sick, Tessa loooks like she is blooming in your care! So cute, and such a serious face! Isn't the puking and peeing fun??? Lovely to be able to keep up with all your news...i cannot imagine how you have time to post....

JENN O said...

I told you in another post that spit up is the newest perfume BUT I forgot to mention the projectile vomit is the new body wash- LOL! Tessa has officially welcomed you to the "joys" of parenthood! SAFE JOURNEY HOME!!!!!