Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chillin' 22 days

Well, I think we are over the hump of paperwork for a short time anyway. We are expecting our Visas on Monday - delivered to my SIL of course! Then the waiting begins, but it should go by fast. Will and I are planning to enjoy this long weekend that promises nice weather. Hold please while I take a sip of my liquid refreshment...feet up on the back porch. AHHHHH!

Our packing list is complete but now it has to be executed. Tessa's list of needs is much longer than ours and each day I think I could streamline her list and we might once things start piling up. We are on strict weight limits for luggage - no worries here. The 'kids' are all organized as well. Lexi's vacation will include a week of daycare, followed by a week at Aunt Laura's. She will be exhausted. The boys will have a pet sitter...I am thankful for good friends. My FIL will probably stop by as well to visit them. Our boys are soo needy - they need human interaction like nothing you have ever seen. Anyone who has met them will agree with me.

I have talked to all the Mom's that will be with us for Gotcha Day. We are of course so excited to be picking up Isabel, Tessa, Makayla, Eliana, Lily and if all goes well Hannah (NY Mom is still in the running to travel with us). I hope all works out because it makes me feels better Tessa will be coming with a friend to the Gotcha Day. Let's go USCIS...chop chop.

Our itinerary is as follows:

Apr 22 leave USA
Apr 23 Arrive Beijing
Apr 24 Touring
Apr 25 Fly to Changsha
Apr 26 Gotcha Day....hip hip hooray!
Apr 27 Paperwork
Apr 28 Shopping
Apr 29 Touring
Apr 30 Touring
May 1 Fly to Guangzhou
May 2 Touring
May 3 Touring
May 4 Medical Check
May 5 Paperwork
May 6 Oath Ceremony
May 7 Free Day
May 8 Home

Clearly none of these activities take all day, but this give you a feel for what we will be doing. All tours are optional post Gotcha Day - if you want to veg in your rooms you can. It is so nice to have choices...

Have a lovely holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

USCIS has completed their Job. Now we wait to see if we get that all important appointment. Cross your finger and toes. Hannah is waiting to join Tessa on that trip to Changsha.

Bowmans said...

We're so beyond excited for you both!!! Can't wait to see pictures of her in your arms and hear all about your China adventure! SOON!