
OMG!!! This paperwork is crazy....everyday we get 3+ emails to print, sign, take with us, fill out, fill out part, notarize, send back with payment. We can barely keep up!
We now know we will be traveling to Changsha from Beijing with 4 other couples. Tessa is the only baby from her orphanage being brought to the civil affairs office on this day. This is a little sad as I was hoping to meet GA Mom and NY Mom who have little ones at the same orphanage. Guess this means a road trip once we are home. All other babies are coming from another orphanage to the south east of the province. They also are a bit older with the oldest being 15 months.
We will be meeting Tessa at 10:30 am on Apr 26, which is 8:30 pm Apr 25 here. Just telling you so you can mark your calendars and think of us while watching your favorite Sun TV. Tessa will be arriving after a long journey, given to these people who look and smell funny. I can only imagine what she will be thinking. At least I will have my chipped tooth fixed by then - don't ask.
The schedule we have been provided is incredible: pick up, meet, do, visit, send. That is how each activity is listed. We are family #2 - does that mean we have to wear a big 2 on our shirt?
My sister was here over the weekend - the woman is amazing at organizing, truly. I am blessed to have her in my life...love you Hammy! We are in so much better shape than before she arrived. Tessa's room is ready, now it is our turn.
2 comments:
This means I will need to make a return trip stateside to meet the beautiful Tessa sometime early summer after everyone has settled in. This is so exciting, I can't wait to see and smell her sweet baby scent. Love to you both...Dot...
Still waiting.............. hoping to travel with you. Keep your fingers, toes and any other part you can cross, crossed. Tracy
Post a Comment