Sunday, April 11, 2010

Less than two weeks

Well, we leave in 11 days according to my niece. I am tired but surprisingly calm about the trip. I am sure as we head into next weekend I will begin getting anxious. We are ready to go, each day more ready than the day before. We think of Tessa often.

We finished all the purchasing for the trip this weekend. We got a new car seat compliments of the great people we work with - it only took us a few minutes to put in the car. This was after over an hour struggling with the other car seat we were given as a gift a few years ago. Come to find out it was recalled because the straps keeping it attached to the car won't tighten - no kidding. Can pulled muscles be a claim on a car seat recall? We seriously wanted to throw it out from pure frustration. We will deal with that once we get back. It is really too bad as it was just out of the box and quite nice.

My co-workers threw us a lovely shower on Friday. I was overwhelmed with the kindness people expressed. Tessa is now set with clothes and all manner of fabulous things - even a bikini with a cover-up! We received a few very unique gifts that will be very special to her once she is older. These included a Chinese silver coin, a doll that plays a Chinese lullaby. Will was most excited about the Manchester United onesie and the home and away bibs. I would expect it to get a lot of wear, especially when Daddy is in charge.

So now we need to start thinking of packing for us which is the easy part in my mind. :)

No comments: