Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nanny Notes and Moving


The map posted here is of Tessa's province - Hunan. This map is kind of tiny, but I just wanted to give you prospective where we are going to be at least for part of the trip. Tessa's orphanage is blocked in yellow and the 'county seat' if you will is blocked in red. Gotcha day will occur in Changsha which I understand is a nice little town to visit.

We received the translation of her Nanny Notes today and had her medical report reviewed. All in all Tessa is very healthy. She is slightly anemic which can be corrected with diet and based on numbers she looks as though she was getting over a little illness at the time of the report. Her Nanny Notes confirmed that she had a cold.

Her Nanny Notes provided the best glimpse for us into her daily routine and her personality. She was 7.7 pounds when she entered the orphanage one day after her birth. She was named Yong Xiao Yuan which translates to "forever" "early morning - dawn" "flowing water" according to a friend at work. Keeping in mind the Chinese characters can stand for multiple things.

They list her feeding, sleeping and biological schedule in the Nanny Notes as well. In addition to her bottles, Tessa seems to eat food I wouldn't consider feeding a baby this age. Noodles and meat sauce! This transition will be interesting for all of us.

Tessa's highly enjoys bath time, and likes stretching her feet outside the tub (I love that). She should enjoy the tub in our new house - I am sure it is a bit larger than her current bathing experience. She likes to be bounced on your knee and enjoys 'talking' to adults.

She also enjoys watching TV, which is mentioned twice. So her favorite activity is sleeping in a rocker watching TV? Sounds like she may be an old soul. Will was hoping they would list English soccer as her favorite TV show, but instead it listed Project Runway. Ha ha.

I hope she likes books because her life will be surrounded by reading material. She already has a shelf-full to read but she will most likely destroy them. You see her Nanny Notes states that she likes to rip paper and put it in her mouth - which means Will's book collection is in major jeopardy! Perhaps I can use this to my advantage. :)

These Nanny Notes really were a treasure to receive.

Tomorrow we are finally moving into the new house! Yahoo! I would like to say I have everything packed but this week was so incredible and exciting that we didn't seem to care the movers were arriving Friday morning. Therefore we aren't ready for the movers to take everything. Oh well! Technically I have all weekend to get out of the rental.

So this means I won't be posting until next week sometime. I hope I have provided enough juicy tidbits to hold everyone for a few days.

Cheers!

No comments: