
ok....we have had a whirlwind kind of week and it is only Wednesday. We did receive her packet today with all the official information. I hugged the Fed Ex guy and besides being startled he said this was a good day. Yes sir it is! He then proceeded to give Lexi a biscuit. Nose to crotch works everytime! :)
I was jittery opening the packet for some reason - like Tessa herself was going to pop out. For those of you who don't know, the packet contains among other things an adopter confirmation, growth report, medical exam and a biography. These items are all in Chinese with very officially looking stamps. So once Will read all of the Chinese documentation (being fluent helps) we sat back and enjoyed some wine!
Seriously, we have no idea what they say - although one is a sort of checklist so we can gather bits and pieces of what it says. So rather than babble on, here are the details. Ah, I will give you only a little so you come back..bwahaha!
Name: Yong (last) Xiao (First) Yuan (middle)
Every child in her orphanage has the same last and first name, the middle name distinguishes the baby.
DOB: 9/21/2009
Weight: 11.66 #
Teeth: none (I am so thrilled we get to experience drool)
Food: It says she eats milk powder in addition to vegetable and meat powder, egg and fish sauce. I don't know what meat powder is but being a vegetarian it doesn't sound appetizing.
Favorite activity: sleeping in the rocking chair alone. I find this funny for some reason. We have a little rocker thank goodness.
We hope to get her biography translation this week and I will post more information.
On another note while looking on the internet I found a lady who posted similar information as we had for Tessa. We talked briefly on the phone and discovered our girls are over there together. In addition we discovered that we have the same agency. We would like to think our daughters are playmates, perhaps as my sister says bff's! The internet can be so useful sometimes.
This post does not come close to explain the highest of highs we are both on, the emotional roller coaster that we have been on or that we are facing. We have dreamed for a long long time about holding a daughter in our arms and we are inching closer to that day. We have speculated on what the day would be like when we get the call - I got all my questions answered (Thanks Sarah for the tip), but forgot my address. I forgot my car keys at work and Will thinks he gave himself shin splits hurrying to the car. He probably should have just broken into a run!
When we finally saw her face - it was like a dream, surreal and amazing. We cried - who wouldn't. We laughed. And those cheeks! Wow!
1 comment:
Comments from Bowman Family:
We are so excited about our China Baby, Tessa. We can't wait to watch her grow and hear of her fabulous adventures. What a blessing to a wonderful couple who can now call themselves a family. Love you both.
Grace "can imagine having so much fun with her new cousin." She will train her in all her ways of graceness! uh oh!
Leila "can't wait to have a new addition to our family, Tessa. I'm sure the pets will love her."
Post a Comment