Sunday, May 31, 2009

What's going on???

My SIL has told me I am a bad blogger - it is soo true, but then again what is there to say about the adoption. We had a slight moment of panic when the swine flu scare rumored to be stopping matching. I honestly threw my hands up in defeat - yet here I am and we are still moving, albeit slowly, inching closer to Baby H.

The biggest change brewing is that we have decided to sell our house, not such a little feat if you remember that we bought it as a fixer upper of sorts. So the last two weekends have been about fixing what we have let go and prettying up what we have yet to get to. Keep your fingers crossed, because we need to be out and in another before our little girl arrives. The saddest part about all this is that my MIL spent many days with me painting a fabulous wall in the baby's room. She told me today she is ready to help with another - bless her.

It amazes me how quickly one collects things - we moved in here and commented that our stuff didn't fill the house. Silly, silly - for now we are busting. Now I know why my friend E moves occasionally - she is a professionally packer.

We have so much baby stuff to pack it is amazing - always a good idea to be in a swap group and to have 3 or 4 Christmas lapse before one arrives. Kidding, that last part sucks. But Baby H will have lots of toys waiting for her. I let my friends kid play with one of the dolls from Christmas #1 and she was mortified! In my mind that poor doll had been in plastic long enough and needed some kid love.

So, there you have it a down and dirty update...I will try to be better. :)