T LOVED camping and I am so relived. It could have gone either way but with her love of dirt and bugs I kinda of figured she would enjoy herself. I have come to the conclusion that camping is a lot of work - especially with kids. Our car was literally about to bust open with gear and then the logistics of setting up camp with a curious kid was interesting.
I did realize that T has really no concept of looking for cars as she crosses the road alone. This gave the perfect opportunity for training. And plus she enjoyed saying hello to everyone announcing, 'hey we are camping' to those passing by - as if they weren't as well.
We always talk about our favorite part of the day at dinner or before bed. Asking what her favorite part of camping was and she said the river. This child had more fun climbing on the rocks and sitting in the stream. It warmed my heart because that is my favorite part too.
This particular state park has the best staff. They go around and engage the campers suggesting things to do asking the kids what they have seen. Tessa was thrilled when the park mascot came by our site to say hello.
Of course the whole camping experience got an 'awesome' which makes all the planning and packing worth it - even if W and I were exhausted when we got home.
Eating sour crab apples right off the tree.
Meeting "Terry"
Mapping out our hike for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment