Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bullies

I figured everyone at some point in their life will run up against one. I did not think it would be in such close proximity and from an adult. Ill leave the details vague, only telling you though it threw me off, shocked me and help me build another barrier of defense in this every changing and sometimes ugly world. Perhaps, just perhaps this instance was a good lesson for me to refocus and reexamine - which in the end, is what I have done. I try to approach each day looking for the goodness in others, it is sometimes difficult.
Those in the adoption community, especially those who have adopted a child of a different race require an arsonal of comebacks to odd, invasive questions. These don't need to be rude comebacks, of course but seriously you need to be quick and prepared. This in turn should have helped me prepare for the latest incident, but alas although I got in a few 'thoughts' it was ended with me going - 'WHY didn't I say that???'
The moment has passed, I wish you well. :)