Tuesday, May 22, 2012
my little sprout
I look at Tessa in these pictures and wonder where the time has gone. She has blossomed into this comical little child who acts afraid when the moment seems right and then immediately switches, takes charge and leading adults on a march around the yard. She loves the element of surprise, the chase, the slap stick comedy. I will need to make a concerted effort to teach empathy to her.
My mom visited this past weekend, which was one of the most enjoyable I can remember. There was no pressure to go anywhere, I actually organized meals each night (I know I know shocking) and we just 'were' for a few relaxing days. We went to an animal frolic where my Mom and I were more into the baby animals than Tessa. She poked at a chick, barely touched a rabbit and humored me in the various barns but it was all about the snacks and the random encounter with a buddy from school. She did follow her friend's lead and touched a calf long enough that I got a blurry picture but that was it.
Gaga brought the turtle sand box which not only was recycled from my nieces (I like that), but was a huge hit. We spent hours digging..barely stopping for a potty break, insisted by yours truly because I was not about to separate peepee sand from non-peepee sand. Gaga's are meant for spoiling and my Mom certainly lived up to that definition. Tessa told me tonight she missed Gaga and needed her. My sweet little sprout.



