

Today I set up a slide off our back deck. I wanted to take out some of the spindles so the angle would be steeper but the DH said no way. I even offered the first ride to him and he still didn't think it was a wise idea. What adult wouldn't want to slide off a deck? I suppose we need to actually purchase the rest of the play set instead of offering to take wayward pieces from people.
I gave her a bucket of wiffleballs and voila an hour of play. I set up the bucket at the end and tried to explain trajectory. Other than the thrill of Mom's reaction, I think the point was lost on her a bit. Rewind to yesterday, when the DH was tightening the kitchen faucet. Tessa was all over that activity. She gladly handed him tools he didn't need and ultimately climbed right on top as if it was the most natural place for her to be at that very moment. I am continually amazed at the speed she learns and figures things out. She is quite into puzzles at the moment. We do them every night before bed. I have some classic wooden puzzles passed down from the sis, and she thinks they are fun (the character's aren't familiar). I try to explain where the pieces go when she gets stumped without actually doing it. Her listening ears are on, because I see her eyes dart around looking for what I am describing. A mom can hope this will always be the case when I talk. ;)
1 comment:
Trajectory, Kelly, really funny. I very much hope that she will allllways listen to you too!!haha
Post a Comment