Monday, September 19, 2011

What have we been up to?












A 2nd birthday Fiesta. I am exhausted, my house is barely back in order but I am making memories and I love it. The day turned out cold and overcast so at the last minute we moved everything inside. My sister was in town which made the weekend oh so much better because I am by nature NOT an entertainer and she is, so it was nice I had an organizer. A house full of people isn't my thing.
Tessa seemed overwhelmed at times, barely opened gifts and looked at the pinata with an expression of shock at what was happening. It was a violent free pinata, until yours truly had to tear its legs off the get at the candy. She will probably be scarred for life. It was like I was giving the poor burro some sort of exam. Terrible.
Tessa did enjoy the decorating her own cupcake, all the kids seemed to revel being in charge of their own sprinkles. What a messy, fun idea - definitely an outdoor activity if you choose to try it.
Tessa became more herself as the crowds cleared and she was left with those more familiar. I think she truly enjoyed having her BFF with her. I wish I had on tape her screaming 'Abaigh here, Abaigh here' when she arrived. Frankly if only Abaigh showed she probably would have been just as content.
Tessa likes all her new toys but returns time and time again to her cards. I wish I know what she was saying as she converses with them - it is a full blown conversation with hand gestures and facial expressions.

1 comment:

GA GA said...

I love all of the colors!!!