
This was taken on adoption day, the second day we had Tessa. The pictures from this day were some of my favorite. I have been drafting and rewording our announcement of a second adoption and can't find the right words so there you go. We are planning to adopt a little sister for Tessa. This decision makes me very teary eyed because I have so many emotions about embarking on this journey again. We have pondered this for months and even though we said we would wait a year we seemed to talk about the possibility as soon as we landed from China.
I am worried, apprehensive, excited, inquisitive...the list goes on and on.
The international adoption environment right now seems to be a bit unpredictable for many unexplained reasons... one of which we experienced ourselves - a LONG wait. Ah, but look at the joyful little girl we waited for!!
We will officially start the paperchase in the fall - this time through Rwanda. We are drawn to 'the land of a thousand hills' and to our next little girl who will help complete our family. Wish us luck! Here we go again!
6 comments:
Congratulations, I wish you best, and I am going to love every minute of reading all about it right here. Happy 4th of July.
Congratulations Will, Kelly and Tessa. We are so excited for you and can't wait for the day you tell us that Tessa has a sister.
Much love,
Tracy, Jeremy, Brandon, and Hannah
We wish you nothing but good luck and a speedy adoption
Good luck! If anything will test your will, your patience, and your heart, international adoption will. But it's worth it, as you know.
Ruby
Great news! We are so excited for you. :)
Wow, that's great news! Best of luck to you as you embark on this journey again - and what an exciting journey it will be...am looking forward to following along via blogland. :o)
Post a Comment