





I'm not sure if the daycare can call it Valentines day. Some of the districts here can't celebrate holidays such as Halloween or Christmas as to not offend those of other beliefs. I do have a hard time believing Valentine's day falls in that category but perhaps so. It is all about love. Didn't the Beatles say that is all you need?
Friendship day occurred on Valentines day at Tessa's daycare, and although I am about week late at posting I wanted to share some pictures. My sister embroidered the outfits for Tessa and her BFF Abaigh. Abaigh, who is an absolute doll of a child. Her smile is to die for - look out boys! Needless to say the 'Diva Girls' as Abaigh's Mom calls them were a big hit. What can I say my sister is grand - even if she is in ALL pink.
Tessa was shocked I came early and proceeded to show me her classroom fish and the reading corner. We did a family project with the assistance of every other child who wasn't occupied by a parents at that time. Most of the kids kept bringing me objects - hats to put on (no thanks), books, drooled upon toys. I couldn't work in daycare - I would turn into such a germ-a-phobe that I would need to join a support group. Ick.
Lets talk about the tiny chairs with the arm rests. Cute as they may be, they are horrible for anyone with hips, not to mention the fact that I am tall so my knees were at my chin. I didn't get stuck thank goodness, but I can see how easily one could. I don't know how the teachers sit in them...seriously they must have deformed sides from years in that position.
When we got home Will gave Tessa a Valentine. He is in love with his baby girl. I had no idea he shopped for her which makes it all the more sweet. He wrapped the gift and bought a card - my goodness. He is a good gift giver, much better than I am so I shouldn't be surprised. Tessa, by the way, has thoroughly enjoyed her car racer. Blueberries also roll on the track nicely.
3 comments:
Great photos. I'm sure she was glad to be able to show you around her school.
Ruby
I seriously cracked up the entire time reading this- between the Diva comment, the germs and the chairs.... you had me rolling. I LOVE the story of Will & the Valentine though! SO SWEET! :) Look Out Kell- You have some competition!!!! :)
Love her and love her sprout!! XO
Post a Comment