Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Random thoughts...


Tomorrow is our 6 months post adoption evaluation, which makes me pause as I can hardly believe Tessa has been with us for 6 months. We looked back on our trip photos recently and are amazed at how much Tessa has blossomed both physically and in personality. Her little legs were so tiny when she was placed in our arms. There was little muscle tone in general and she stayed in any position you placed her in...that didn't last too long. And now to think my girl is on the brink of walking, oh yes she has taken a few tentative steps on her own. She also is pushing babies (and books for some reason) in her stroller on a daily basis.

Tessa is on her second week of daycare and I am not sure who is more exhausted. It is a royal challenge to get home and have dinner on the table by 6. I can honestly say we were late eaters up until she came along. Tessa isn't sleeping well at daycare but other than that she is settling in nicely. The sleeping will hopefully adjust itself, she slept soundly through all manner of tours and appointments in China but daycare is a different story. Too much fun to be had to sleep.

Tessa has begun to copy the hand moves to the Itsy Bitsy Spider which is pretty funny. I sing to her all the time and she just smiles at me. Love her!! Her teachers asked me if I sang to her...hello I wrote it on the 10 page form I filled out. :) Anyway, they said singing seems to calm her. And here I thought it was my angelic voice!

6 comments:

China Dreams said...

Time sure flies, and it sounds like she's doing wonderfully-she looks great! I know exactly what you mean about the mealtimes :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes time flies by so fast; its gone in a blink of an eye. I'm so glad you have this blog where I can live vicariously until a grandchild comes.
Dot

Unknown said...

Hannah doesn't sleep well in daycare either. We finally got a good 2 hour nap today. There is always to much to be seen at daycare. She will catch up eventually. Hannah is slowly moving to one nap at daycare but when she is with either grandmother it is still two naps. We had our six month visit a little while ago. I can't believe that it has been almost six months since these girls were placed in our arms. Give Tessa a kiss from us.

Tracy, Jeremy and Hannah

Tracey said...

Sweet family! So happy for all of you!

China Dreams said...

It sure sounds like she has grown in many ways since you became a family. Hope the transition to daycare smooths out and you are both able to sleep.

Jenn said...

WOW 6 months!!!! That is a great family pic too.
And no child sleeps well at daycare.... who would!!!! But it makes for great night sleeps at home! And we can totally relate to the schedule/dinner ordeal. If we dont have it on the table by 5:30 Abaigh is freaking out..... and most times we dont walk in the door till then. It all works out eventually though.