

Tessa is starting to become more interested in books. She is still most attracted to books that do something - touch books, flap books etc. She is also beginning to kiss certain characters in her books. Baby kisses are the tongue out kind adding to the tactile experience. I never understood why the used books my sister passed to me had pages that stuck together but now I know it was slobber.
My favorite book she has is called 'I Love You Through and Through' by Bernadette Rosetti-Shustak. It has big vibrate pictures and a nice rhyme that happens to end with a line from a Willie Nelson song (a little "factoid" for your day). I got the book at my shower and I can't for the life of me remember who gave it to us. If you are out there thank you.
Tessa's favorites include 'That's not My Frog' by Fiona Watt. Our friend from Canada brought it to her with some other books. This is a touch/feel series which is more than just soft items. Tessa likes the rough feel of the velcro. We actually went and opened each of the series at B&N to find another one with velcro. We came home with 'That's not My Dragon'.
For those who don't know my husband is a big reader. I read quite a bit too but can't match his obsession. He is one of those odd balls that can read multiple books at a time and not get the stories confused. Needless to say we have our fair share of books and of course magazines...Tessa has found that pile too.
2 comments:
A good habit to start early!
Oh you don't know how great that is that she likes books. Actually she is in the early stages of reading now!!
Post a Comment