Monday, July 12, 2010

Georgia cousins part 2!






My sister and nieces are gone. Tessa spent part of her morning pointing me to various rooms looking for them. I swear she sighed when she realized it was just me to play with today. The girls were very helpful and as always made me laugh throughout their time here. Every time Tessa babbled they would mimic her, every time she made a peep that may be construed as her being upset they picked her up (which I am paying for a bit today, but I wouldn't change a thing). They sang to her and made her a zoo in a little space we had designated for her fort in the house. Cousins are so much fun!

My nieces are into helping you out for pay - so while they were here Lexi got a bath (they got wet) and both girls weeded my flower bed. Had I been prepared I would have come up with a longer list. As you can imagine any money they earned was quickly spent.

My sister is fabulous, truly. There is never a time we can't bust out in song and dance. Lets just say we watched A LOT of musicals when we were young. We enjoy each others company.

Tessa babbled like crazy while the girls were here and she has now started to rock when she hears "music" she likes (probably due to all the singing that took place over the weekend). We had all the girls pictures taken together which was fun. Both my nieces wanted a dress from China so they all were photographed in them. Just a hint for those going over, the dresses run small. Remember the size 1 Tessa barely fit into, her size 4 isn't much bigger. The number sizes definitely don't match those in the US. Anyway, I will scan a photo in this week.

The visit went way to quickly. My youngest niece asked what would happen if she put her in her suitcase and took her home. We had a great visit and I missed them as soon as I dropped them off at 5:15am (uggh) for their flight.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You're sister looks fabulous holding her long awaited niece. It's a fantastic pic!