Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wow, those went quickly!





The last few days have flown by and we are still working at this sleeping business. We had 4 glorious days of sleeping through the night and then something changed. We are waking up crying, wet - I mean wet diaper, PJ's and sheet. If you have experienced changing a sheet with two capable hands and without being in a sleep stupor you know that it is impossible to do in the middle of the night. So, change the baby and add a blanket and move on. And for those of you who are curious these aren't the Gdiapers that are leaking they are the name brand.

Tuesday my good friend Cathy and I made homemade baby food with the maker my in-laws gave to me as a gift. To be honest I helped with one type before the monkey woke up. We just watched and cheered on Cathy - she is a wiz in the kitchen anyway so it is probably best to just stay out of her way. We did try one of the more chunky varieties yesterday and it was poo pooed for the apple sauce. Mixing did not trick Tessa, she worked around it and spit the 'yuk' out. I will try again in a few days.

Today was a big day for us, not only did I venture to Babies R Us with Tessa, who by the way immediately fell asleep after the shopping, we also picked Gaga up from the airport. OH, Georgia love is finally here! Hip Hip Hooray! As expected Tessa loves my Mom - I have yet to meet a baby who doesn't think she is hilarious. Mom had her going like a wild child in the jumper.

Tessa is gaining ground each day. She still can't sit up on her own although we are working on it. She would much rather stand. She has just started to reach for objects - only a select few. She is particularly fascinated with the purple pom-poms on the curtains and a painted wooden flower hanging in her room. We touch each one every day. She is also attracted to a sun catcher in the kitchen. She looks at it and smiles. I am trying to work on patience with her (her patience while eating, not mine). I have decided that her 'feed me faster' scream reminds me of a peacock mating call. YOU all have heard it if you have ever visited a zoo. :)

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Yay! Great pics of Will & Tessa and Sweet GaGa! There is nothing that compares to a good dose of southern love! Happy Happy Joy Joy! Can't wait for my turn! :)

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

We had the same problem with the leaky night diapers. My girl can soak up her day diapers in no time too. We found huggies overnights only come in size 4 and up but we purchased them anyway and they do work. She soaks it but it holds it in til morning. We use regular huggies by day and the overnights at night. They can only be purchased by the box at target but they get used quick enough and she certainly won't be outgrowing them any time soon! Hope this helps. Your baby is an absolute doll!!! We are very blessed moms indeed!
Mary
sammonsfamily7.blogspot.com

Stephanie Seaman said...

I love the pictures and loves the stories. You know you can link this up to your FB page. Dont ask me how, but I have a couple of people who have blogs linked. Your mom looks like she did twenty years ago, way to go mom.

MaryKate said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for keeping us in the loop as you become a cohesive family. I am addicted to your blog, and Tessa's smile - can't get enough of her pictures.