Saturday, May 22, 2010

Changes





It is amazing what one more set of hands can do for you. You get more attention which causes you to laugh and explore more. You get more hugs and kisses too. In turn, Mommy has less back pain and can get a few more things done around the house. Ah. It is nice to have your Mom around.

Mom is focusing on Tessa's hand coordination. She had a breakthrough today and Tessa picked up a cheerio which she proceeded to carry around in a tightly grasped fist. She is reaching out for more objects everyday but the flower in her room is the favorite to touch. We are calling it flower power! I don't really understand the attraction but she definitely knows repetition - we must have touch the flower 10 times in a row. I remember my niece Grace when she was little wanted you to swing her just 'mo mo time' (one more time).

She is definitely getting stronger each day and is just about sitting up on her own. We are working on sitting as well as strengthing her core with tummy time. She doesn't really care for it much if I am being honest. Will found an ap for my phone which she seems to like. You can't really see it but the shapes hop when she touches them. We take her hand and touch the screen. This helps lengthen the time she will tolerate being on her tummy. I do wonder if the warranty on my phone covers drool?

Oh my and I loaded some toddler tunes on my phone.....YIKES. I am turning into a Mom. If I start wearing Mom jeans I am going to need an intervention!

Tessa went for her first walk at Jacobsburg State Park today....and as usual with anything moving she fell quickly asleep. We went early to beat the crowds so she ventured out in her PJ's. It was a nice cool day to have her out and she did well considering it was only her second time in the stroller. The look on her face is funny - I think she is saying 'great, I go from being strapped in the carseat to being strapped in a stroller to being strapped in a highchair...oh the humanity!'

We also got a visit from Miss Holly today, who last time came over right after Tessa fell asleep. Hey, you never know around here, schedules change very easily. As much as I try to keep them, nap times seem to be a moving target.

No comments: