Monday, May 17, 2010

Week One, Day One






Wow, it is hard to believe a week has already passed since we have been home. It was a long, exhausting week. Today was my first day of being alone with Tessa as Will had to go back to work. I also decided to challenge myself and take her to the local pediatrician since they had an opening. Her exam was good, but the doctor wants to see her in a week. This "cold" has been ongoing for 3 weeks and now she is coughing again but it is more in her chest. Amazingly Tessa is still quite happy regardless of how little deep sleep she is getting (or that I feel she is getting anyway). We have her on a decent schedule which I feel is an accomplishment that I hope I am not jinxing. Afternoon naps are still her one holdout to fight falling asleep. She is 'sleeping' through the night, but she does a lot of coughing.

Over the weekend Tessa met her Nana for the first time. As I have posted before my mother-in-law has been bravely battling Leukemia for what seems like forever. Her doctors were initially saying she couldn't be around Tessa until her blood work came back, but they relented somewhere along the line and in doing so made my MIL's day. The kissing is rain-checked for a while, but then look out! Tessa has also met her Aunt, Uncle and all but one cousin on Will's side of the family. The eldest cousin was still sleeping when we visited - hmmm, sleep sounds good. It is sweet to see my niece Hayley holding Tessa. I seriously thought she was going to skip school the day we came up just to see her again.

I am happy to report Lexi is feeling a bit better. She did the bottom in the air, downward dog I want to play move at Tessa this morning. So I hope we have turned a corner. She was also caught mouthing one of Tessa's toys - just a little! I figure the cheerios have also helped and it took her about a minute to realize that checking the chair and area around the baby may turn up some delicious morsels.

2 comments:

Karen said...

She is such a cutie pie! I hope her cold goes away soon. God, I can't wait to go get my girl!

GA GA said...

Glad that Karen and all of the family and friends got to see Tessa without the long wait that I had to endure. I am sad that I am far away and not really able to share in her milestones except through Pictures, so keep them coming. They are so cute. Love to all, GAGA