


I think of my grandfather on Memorial day who always spent this holiday visiting a war memorial. I suppose he felt the day had been reduced to a long weekend without remembrance of those who served. He was a Seabee, a proud one, who most enjoyed being surrounded by his family. I also thanked my father today, which I honestly (but unfortunately) can say I have never done before, for his time in Vietnam. We may not agree with the reasons why we are at war but we always support those who find themselves in them.
We spent our day as a family visiting the local park and dipping our toes in the water for the first time. The park was an idea to get Lexi out and about, although it was so hot she didn't run around too much. The water was a nice treat to cool off and I so wished I had worn sandals. Tessa sported her red, white and blue for the holiday which was a gift from a coworker. It lasted about 2 hours before it was blessed with spit up but only the trained eye can spot the stain in pictures.
The hammock seat is up and as you can see we love it! There will be many a day spent here I just know it.
2 comments:
Congratulations, she is a beautiful little girl who looks happy and well. As an aunt to two adopted boys I can not say enough about the love you will share through the years to come. All the best to your wonderful family, Susan Hines
Great pictures!! So cute, looks like a nice day.
Post a Comment