Saturday, December 26, 2009

We are soo close...



Hi all -

So here we are again on the other side of Christmas. This years activities were slightly different than those in the past. For one, we had no tree or stockings - but I did manage to have Christmas baskets for Santa to fill. You see we are still in transition until the house is ready and I refused to climb over boxes in search of stockings. The most important activity was to visit my MIL who is still in the hospital post stem cell transplant. I can only imagine how this Christmas felt for her. I am glad that she has a strong faith, because I do believe that is helping her cope.

It feels weird having our LID month at the top of the list, but as usual I hesitate to be too excited until I have a picture and ultimately hold our daughter. Call it self preservation if you will. 2010 will be a year of changes for us, a new house...a new baby, seems surreal.

We are going to paint her room this week, similiar to how it was painted at the old house. The room is a different shape, but the idea we like and we have the fabric for the curtains already.

On that note, I would expect you will hear more from me as we inch ever so closely to the day. Until then, may your new year bring you everything you wish for!