Ok, this is a love/hate relationship.
Love - I have reconnected with a few old friends, I'm talking elementary school here. So you are probably thinking what do you have to talk about, honestly not much but it is nice to see what these people look like after so much time, what they are up to professionally - if you can 'see' them doing that job. Hey who knows where you will end up and who your adult friends are. I have found recent friends too. Life is busy and hectic and people have good intentions, but alas people move away. Love or is it hate, or is it sad?? I guess you can see pictures and keep up without getting involved in some long conversation or actually talking to each other. Hmm, jury is out on this for me. I wrote letters, I like to receive real mail, real letters - but that seems like a thing of the past - takes too much time in this fast paced world.
Hate - this thing is a cesspool of people wanting you as a 'friend'. I quote 'friend' because there are people that never gave you the time of day back in the day. Odd really, now what would I say to those people? Nothing. I am not out to collect 'friends', how does one keep up with hundreds of 'friends' - you say a few nicey nicey comments and never talk them to again. Maybe it is a network thing, I don't really like you but you may have people in your network I do like...who knows. Now I have friends who I see everyday, not to mention family members who I talk to regularly. For instance my sister - honestly I can pick up the phone I love to hear her voice and what is really going on in her life. Or how about my friend Holly from work, I can walk to her cube - but never the less, they are my 'friends' in FACEBOOK.
Dangerous? You betcha, I about died the first time I was tagged on an old school photo. Perhaps I don't want old school photos of me out in cyberspace, perhaps I don't remember some photos, perhaps I look like a total dork. Let us talk about exs, okay lets not, you all know what trouble that can lead too.
So, I will admit it is addicting I have been on it more than I ever thought I would be - but in the end I have found you or you have found me and if accepted lets hope our friendship will outlast last FACEBOOK.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment