Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Birthday


I turned 35 yesterday and it dawned on me that I have spent the majority of my thirties in the baby business. Crazy, I know - but this is going to be a good year. I can feel it...

I suppose some may like to hear about us. Will and I will be married 7 years next May. We love to travel, hike and are avid readers. We live in PA in the Poconos. Will is a native and I am a transplant. It is a good area to live as it is close to major cities if you need a dose of culture. We both have lovely families - Will's sister has three teenagers and my sister has two tweens. We have watched on the sidelines as they all have grown and changed over the years, thinking at times do we want to do this??

So, we decide to get cats! They were so freakin' cute we fell in love and were content for many years. Even though our cats are the most uncats I have ever met, our lives really didn't change that much except for litter and cat kibble. Our dog Lexi joined the family recently, due to my evil sister-in-law who sends me pictures of her new foster dogs. I was weak and couldn't resist Lexi's poor little face and her long gazelle legs. She is rotten of course, no doubt by our own hand, we realized how much we missed having a dog. She is a hiking partner and would rather spend her life running at top speed through the woods than anything. I pray she doesn't poke her eye out on some branch.

So then we come to Baby H...We decided to keep her name a secret from everyone, which has been hard. My nieces are constantly quizzing me. Will has told them her name will be Princess, Tangerine all manner of things. We have provided decent hints to the girls, but they haven't taken the time to sit and work on it - who can blame them. My littlest niece thinks she will be a teenager by the time she gets here! Now when I say secret there is one person who we believe knows but is silent. Will decided to spell out Baby H's name in blocks in her room and Will's dad surely saw it one day when he stopped by. He denies it of course, but we think he knows!

We chose China after much research, for its detailed process and what we thought was short timeframe! HA, jokes on us! Although the wait has been unbearable at times, we have met so many wonderful people who are also waiting and have grown as a couple. In some sense it is a mixed feeling we have about the wait. Our family and friends have been fabulous, gently asking if there have been updates, providing support. We try to explain what I can only imagine is a very difficult process to understand to people who aren't living it day to day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about this. The blog is beautiful!! I can't wait to see 'lil' baby girl grand's face on the screen. You will send it as soon as you get it, right. It will be great to get news like this. You will both be great parents. Just look at what you had to go through to get her. You have been pregnant long than an elephant or a whale. It made me cry when I read the history. She is a lucky child!!