Monday, August 6, 2012

Spicy Girl Reunion

I'm so behind with this post. The Olympics has sucked me in...

We got together for our first reunion of the China travel group a few weekends ago. It was an amazing trip, truly. To see the little girls that we first met with anxious arms and full hearts two years ago was incredible. The best part was how comfortable the girls were with each other, from the first meeting they just melded like they knew. Perhaps it is the age, but there was very little awkward introductions. They held hands immediately, giggled and shared snacks.
"Meeting" the parents was so important to me. Lets face it in China you are in your own bubble being shuffled here and there, signing this, trying to prepare for what is to come. Tessa's baby book has a section for pictures of people you met along the way and a place to list a memory. It is sad to say I have blanks on this page - how self absorbed you are in that setting. I can't tell you how much I learned about the other families on this trip. I appreciated the opportunity to chat with the Mom's on the individual challenges we have faced. I feel new friendships were created. I have so many pictures to share, so here are a few group shots. Getting five 2/3 year old children to look the same way and smile is way tough! We had a great time, thank you St. Louis...