One would think I would have more patience when it came to waiting. I don't. I am anxious and thinking to myself, 'how long does it take to switch over a family to another program?'. Lets go! We decided after a very long month to switch over to the beautiful country of Ethiopia. My heart is saddened in some ways for Rwanda but I completely agree with the government's choice to improve their domestic program. Africa was our choice, deciding on a program was the tough part. I felt a huge relief when we decided, there are thousands of kids who need forever homes and we can only be blessed with one.
I have a lot to learn about Ethiopia..it is such a varied country from the land to the people. Evidence of one of the oldest human existence has been found there - my fifth grade tidbit. I have some time, but I already find myself wrapping around the history. Tessa will gladly tell you her "sista" is coming from "Aprica". This is a source of much laughter from T because Will misunderstood her initially and thought she said apple jacks. :)
We do have a couple of things going for us, most of the paperwork that we have started is still acceptable for the Ethiopia program. We are still within the time frame for completing the paperwork that we set for ourselves, although my hopes of getting it in early is gone. We also know two families in our FCC with children from Ethiopia, so I have a support group locally which is fabulous.
So as soon as we get the official green light, our next journey begins.
Cheers.