



Happy Year of the Dragon! Our FCC event, one of the activities I look forward to each winter was tonight. The group of Moms/Dads that organize this event should be commended. It takes a huge amount of work to pull this off. I avoided the draft (volunteering) of becoming a board member this year, but I know it is only a matter of time. I was quite pleased to make a raffle basket and donate a gift card.
Tessa had an absolutely fabulous time and was on a sugar high by the end of the evening. The local Chinese school performed a dragon dance - complete with a few drums. Thank goodness, for what party is complete without drumming. Tessa went crazy, the girl loves a good drum beat..well any drum beat really. The louder the better. While most children her age were running from the dragon and drums she was screaming for them to continue.
Right after the parade, which she proudly marched in until she realized I wasn't behind her was the ribbon dancing. And of course she had to be on the stage, because all the big girls were there. Please note in the picture that she was facing the wrong way. So much for her stage career. She carried that ribbon for the majority of the evening. It was dragged into the bathroom stall, yuk yuk. I tired to abandon it on our way out...no such luck.
The event was held at a church hall and the stage was right in front of this larger than life crucifix. I saw Tessa staring at it with this weird look on her face...'Look Momma' and just when I was about to stumble through that situation, she moved on. The image probably imprinted, but at least I didn't have to figure out how to explain it to a 2.5 year old.
We reenacted the 'fireworks' (AKA bubble wrap) when we got home and I am sure we will again tomorrow. She is too light to make the popping occur, but imitating the bigger girls is really all its about so we jumped around a bit anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment