I miss traveling for work, sick you may think but I do. The best part is coming home, even the anticipation of coming home is quite nice. You really appreciate your life when you get out and about - you appreciate the comforts of your own space that you have created. I feel oddly incomplete this trip. I miss my peeps more than I could possibly express. I walk the streets and think of them often. I text 'I like pictures' in hopes one will pop up on my phone. All this I say as I feel partly that these breaks are good for all of us - maybe selfishly for me.
Before I left we received unsettling news about Rwanda. Apparently there is no end in sight to the Rwanda's accession to the Hague Convention. Summary is all new adoptions are on hold. I cried, I snuck into the bathroom and tried to stifle my tears - It didn't work. With a snout like mine I was silly to think it would. Words were unspoken and in the end we both know....here we go again. Another emotional rollercoaster. This is taking a major toll on my youthful glow - I suddenly feel old.
I was supposed to mail in our homestudy before I left. I didn't. I needed to clear my head, remind myself how blessed I am, spend some me time and consider the path forward that will be best for our family.
uggh.
Friday, January 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kel,
I'm very sorry to hear about this. I am keeping you three in my thoughts. Don't fight the tears, they spill for a reason. Hugs to you all.
Dorothy
I'm so sorry. "They" say everything happens for a reason but I don't always believe "them". Sometimes, life is so not fair. Stay strong my friend!
Post a Comment