Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 and a pink potty

One of the saddest years of my life has come to a close. And all I can say is good riddance. I do not plan to dwell on the sadness of Tessa losing two grandparents, but it is quite difficult. I have gone through the range of emotions - Ive been strong, Ive been weak, Ive been thankful. I like thankful the best. Thankful for the time they each had with her, thankful for the time she had with them.

We have thrown ourselves into potty training, for what better way to absorb time than to continually monitor and ask someone if they need 'to go'. I have been questioned whether she is ready, my response is how do I know for sure? I will not compare her to others. This is a personal timeline and all indications are positive. She enjoys her new character panties and quite enjoys sitting on the potty to the point that it results in a ring on her bum. We have had successes full of dancing and stickers and candy. We have cleaned the floor a lot.

However you plan to spend the beginning days of your new year I hope they are pleasant and I hope 2012 is a happy year. Most of all I hope that you are thankful, because there is so much in life to be thankful for...