Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011






Lordy, driving 13 hours with a toddler is exhausting. Tessa has never been a great car rider-she wasn't in a car seat for 7 months and frankly hates to be strapped down. All I have to say is the video player (which I really didn't want) is a life line, even if she she prefers short clips that can be watched over and over and over versus an entire movie. I did take the opportunity to play a little 'using the potty' video propaganda on the trip. I'm not sure it helped.
She learned how to do seat drops on the trampoline, she learned all about being a pinch runner during the family wiffleball game, we danced to dance dance revolution (of whatever it is called) and she learned that yes, it is true that 28 trains go by the house every day. We spent many an hour running to see the damn trains. She loved them, well she did tell me at one point they were loud. Regardless, I was completely impressed that she slept through the night trains on a blow up mattress in a room all by herself for all but two naps. My sister says I am lucky she is easy to put down. I'd like to think it is my clam demeanor or fabulous mothering skills...ha.

1 comment:

Aunt TC said...

You're completely right about the demeanor and mothering skills. LOL!