


It is has been an absolute crazy month, one crazy long month. I am ready for it to end and for us to move on to April. We had a short little tease of spring weather which was just enough time for Tessa to try out her new tricycle - a hand me down from Lily Mei. It doesn't matter to Tessa that she can not touch the pedals or the ground. Her main concern was the handlebars tassels and secondly that Mommy can bend over at a backbreaking angle to push her around and around and around. I of course snapped no pictures as I was falsely thinking we were done with winter. Apparently not.
April is quickly approaching and it dawned on me that we are coming up on our one year anniversary as a forever family. One year! I cannot believe it, it went fast but feels like yesterday she was placed in my arms. Monday will be our last post adoption report and concludes all the paperwork as far as I am concerned. YAY!
I can honestly say I may be good (well okay) posting updates and taking pictures but I have been failing at organizing pictures into albums for her. I have updated the babybook but added few pictures. I feel this is where the digital photo realm fails for me. At least with film you had to get them developed if you wanted to see them. Now it is instant and I lazily look and save printing for another day. Another day which slips into the next.
Tessa has jumped with both feet into toddlerhood and I love it. She is animated, opinionated and loving all rolled into one. She has finally decided that the camera isn't a thing to be hated and on the rarest of occasions will actually say cheese and smile. Up until this point it has been a quick lens to get a smile - not an easy task. We have a plethera of furrowed brow shots.
I have posted a few photos with my MIL in mind. The monkey 'earrings' were part of Christmas wrapping and although at the moment I have no idea were they are we played putting them on each others ears (and Daddy's) for at least an hour one day. The photo of Tessa in boots is very sweet to me. Not only is she attempting to be like Daddy in boots that weigh as much as she does, she is sporting one of the last dresses my MIL made for her. It happens to be my favorite as it was a rare time my MIL was able to go shopping for fabric with me this last year. She had such great plans for Tessa's clothing. Too bad my sewing skills consist of square pillows.
2 comments:
I love toddlers, so I can just imagine the fun you're having now!
Ruby
I love the Daddy's shoes shot and that darling dress that her Nana made for her.
Post a Comment