
I am reflective today on family and I suppose the precious gift of life. For those of you who read my blog regularly you probably noticed a lull in activity in the last few weeks. There was no lull in life's happenings of course just a digression of posting, for how does one post happy thoughts when you are sad. My dear MIL passed away shortly after making the decision that she was done fighting against her illness. It was a tough 3+ years with rebounds and setbacks. Will and I are blessed with Tessa's cheerful goofy self which helped to brighten the days we arrived home weary. Children in their innocence tend to have this gift.
I am content in the thought that my MIL got to see her granddaughter, which she longed to hold as much as we did and of course loved dearly. My wedding dress and a few dresses of Tessa's are evidence of a silent talent. She had close friends and touched more peoples lives than I gave her credit for. One learns so much about another at their passing as friends and families gather to reminiscence.
Tessa starting saying Nana just days after she passed away, a little late you may say but perhaps in perfect time. For every random moment Tessa's little voice says Nana we will be swept up in our memories.
2 comments:
I am sorry to hear of your loss. No doubt your MIL heard every Nana that was said. It's amazing what kids remember, too. My dad died when our second daughter was two but six months later she would tell me things that she remembered about him. Love lives on.
Ruby
What a wonderful tribute to a great lady! So glad you have this picture so you can tell Tessa all that you learned about her Nana. Tessa will continue to randomly "talk" about Nana for years to come. Love does live on and will speak to you when you are not expecting.
Post a Comment