Monday, January 3, 2011

cough, cough, cough





Lordy this poor child goes from one coughing yuk to another. We are in some crazy cycle right now that is in desperate need of a tropical location to break. My little one is sick again, with a chest cold. Keep in mind she has been coughing for the majority of the time we have had her. We took a nebulizer to China in case I needed it and we used it for her. The machine I took was small and light, quite fabulous actually, but alas I fried it in the outlet on one of the last days. You see it needed charging because when our bags were brought to us after the last flight the porter said one of the bags was vibrating. LOL! The machine I have at home is larger but does plug into a car which by the way we used on the way down to GA and are once again using for this round of illness. I was so happy for about a week in December when she was free and clear of snot and coughing. That was short lived. Perhaps she does have allergies, perhaps it is asthma but whatever it is her illnesses (so far) always end up in her chest. I grew up with asthma so I know what her little chest must feel like with a constant cough. I started working on teaching her to cover her mouth when she coughs, it is the least I can do for those around us. I also know we wipe her nose a lot as she not only points to the tissues but wipes her baby's nose. Good grief.
Daycare hasn't helped as it is a petridish of viral and bacterial delights. I watched a child pick up another child's sippy cup for a little drink while the teacher's back was turned. Friends share, what can I say.
Keeping her home is a decision I hope other parents would make, but I know not everyone does therefore the cycle continues. So Will stayed home with her on the first day back to work of 2011 and I will stay home tomorrow. Hopefully Wednesday will be better - the antibiotics will have kicked in by then. I'm not looking for sympathy here, just stating the facts...my child needs a jump start for her immune system and the conditions are lousy right now. I AM thankful I have been spared digestive upset, very thankful!
I decided to post a few pictures of the week we were home, pre sickness.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Awww poor Tessa..... I asked Abaigh if she saw Tessa yesterday and Ryan said he saw you but kept on going past HLC. Kelly- thank you for being a GOOD parent. I am the same as you and will take off for the first sign of anything viral or bacterial, while others pop the tylenol and send them on their way. FRUSTRATING!!!!! but I know it's easier said than done but it will get better..... What Tessa is going through sounds EXACTLY like Bailey's first 2 years of life. I feel like we lived on the nebi 4 times a day, everyday. Hopefully the meds are working now- ohhh the joys of parenting!!!!

Sarah123 said...

I am just now seeing the Christmas pictures. Toooo cute! Lily has that same wooden cutting board and food. She still plays with it. :) So sorry Tessa isn't feeling well....still. We've been fighting the same bug here for over a month with the little lady. Such a pain in the butt for all involved. Just when it starts to clear up, another sore throat, runny nose and hacking cough start up again. UGH! Feel better precious Tessa! XO