Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas










Call me a bah-hum-bug but I was anxious about Christmas this year. I can see how one would get wrapped up in the giving as toys/clothes for Tessa's age are fun. And of course the holiday spirit through a child's eyes is magical. I wasn't sure what to expect I guess is what it all came down to...

Tessa, in true style, was entertaining, but really could have cared less about opening gifts. And she wasn't thrilled about reaching into the stocking either. Tessa sat in some boxes and sat on some boxes. I attempted to make the easiest recipe in the world and managed to ruin monkey bread. Oh well, we ate the guts and left the edges. I had better luck with crepes, of course that was pre-baby. :)

Each year my SIL hosts dinner and always makes a delicious meal - this one was no exception. How so very nice of her to want to continue this tradition forever. Tessa wore a dress made by my Mom's friend Sally and looked very cute if I do say so myself. We already received the best gift we could ever hope for, but Christmas was extra special as my MIL was home to join in the family gathering. Something we often overlook, the simple fact of being surrounded by those you love.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

TESSA'S 1st CHRISTMAS!!!!! yyaayy!!!! The pictures are adorable. Looks like Santa was good to her too. Dont worry about the bows and boxes, it gets better each year they get older. Abaigh was the same as Tessa this year but Bailey was "off the hook"!!!!! :) Oh and we have the same Sesame remote too :)

China Dreams said...

The pictures are adorable. I'm sure she loved the paper and boxes just as much as anything they were wrapped around! Noticed the pillow pet in the top picture, too :-)

Happy New Year,
Ruby