Monday, August 9, 2010

Georgia Love Part 3





What a wonderful weekend. My father and his lovely wife came for a visit. It was so nice to see them and for them to not only meet Tessa but to see our new home.

Tessa took a bit to warm up to Granddad but when she did he was a hit. He was able to get big 4 teeth grins on her little face. Tessa held my Dad's glasses about 90% of the time he was visiting. It is loads of fun to take them out of his pocket, chew on them, put them back in his pocket and repeat. Constance made Tessa knitted balls which she loved as well, but alas the glasses were the play item of the weekend.

We went down to Musikfest on Sunday and Tessa experienced a few firsts. First taste of, dare I say, "hot dog" (Daddy was so happy) and first taste of funnel cake. Thank goodness I brought along some vegetables to supplement. I have no plans to feed this child hot dogs because I know what is in them and it isn't good. Yeah, Yeah I probably ate my weight in them growing up and I am 'okay' so far. She of course loved the hot dog more than the funnel cake. Tessa did great being in a stroller for 3 hours because there was so much to look at as we walked around.

One night I made banana's foster on the stove. That is good dessert and using 151 rum to flame the pan adds to the excitement. I will be forthcoming and say the smoke detector did go off at one point, and yes it is hardwired. Miss Tessa slept through all the commotion.

Tessa has been wanting to walk with support the last few days. It started after her first time down a slide when she grabbed my hands and walked back around to go again. I about fell over. She keeps pushing herself into downward dog and has become a speed demon in the walker. My ankles will never be the same.

So this visit marks my last few weeks with her during the work day. I am very sad but she now gets to spend five weeks with her Dad and that part I am happy about.

1 comment:

MaryKate said...

Time to get out the Dragon Slippers - the extra set of eyes on her feet are said to protect her as she begins to walk on her own.