


An update...
Tooth number four is trying to make an appearance. It just looks painful and is causing some of the family to be awake at night. The working parent gets weekend shift....ahhh. Tooth three just came last week and Tessa grinds the top tooth and bottom teeth together - it is a horrible sound.
Tessa has started to crawl, army crawl to be exact. It is nice to see her moving forward rather than log rolling places. But to be fair each got her where she wanted to go. So, what makes a baby crawl - or our little girl at least?? A blue star guitar pick. Will is great at encouraging her - he was the one who got her to rollover in China.
Tessa is pulling up on things, rather than just using your fingers for support. She can't quite get herself all the way up but it is just a matter of time. She can get to her knees or one foot flat and that is about it. The danger in this is of course increased falling. Tessa likes to fling herself backwards because you know someone will surely catch her. It reminds me of the trust fall everyone has tried. In her crib she flings herself backwards onto the bed from a sitting position. She totally looks at you for a reaction first and then giggles. I can't help but laugh which just encourages the behavior (I know, I know). Add to this all the jumping this girl does and the fact that she flips over when you change her diaper. Yeah, she may be a busy little girl.
Tessa has also decided that feeding yourself can be quite enjoyable. It only took some cantaloupe to do the trick. She is also fond of raspberries, but lordy they make a mess. She isn't the cleanest of eaters, licking all the way down her arm if a little morsel gets away from her. If you can't get messy as a child then it really isn't all that much fun is it?
I am so incredibly thankful I took this time off to be with her. I have experienced many of the milestones I may have missed otherwise. Thank you Bill Clinton for signing this labor law.
PS - what has Lexi learned? That stromboli does come out of the bottom oven.
3 comments:
Babies always seem happiest when they wear their food. Enjoy this wonderful time with her.
Go Tessa go! Can't wait to squeeze those cheeks. XO
Love this blog when I need some Tessa news - on tap! She's more precious all the time. Luv the bow. LOL!
Post a Comment