


It was humid today, the kind of humid where you walk out and it hits you like a wall. My photos today are all foggy because the lens was effected by the humidity. We changed clothes and showered twice, yuk. Now you would think growing up in the south would prepare a person for this, but it didn't. The local shop owner said this was nothing, try living here in August - uh, no thank you. Tessa and I ventured out early with Hannah and her Mom to pick up their custom made dresses. The seamstress did a beautiful job and they will both look fabulous at her naming ceremony in a few weeks. I picked up a doll for Tessa which she seems to love - I think it is the expression or perhaps the colors.
The oath taking ceremony for the US was today and besides the chaos of swearing in 32 families all went well. It is a no camera situation so I don't have any shots. I also didn't get a good shot of Tessa in her yellow dress which we paid all of 8 dollars to buy because I decided she needed to dress up a bit. The lady who performed the group ceremony was very nice and read the names of upcoming birthday's, then she asked who had gone through multiple adoptions. A family that was with us in Beijing adopted their 5th child this trip - yes, that's right 5! The Mom says they don't go on vacation they adopt children...talk about a huge heart.
I do plan to post in the future a little summary of things we could have done differently in the packing department. Our hopes is that this will help the next family planning on traveling.
2 comments:
Tessa looks very comfortable with her new doll. I can't wait to kiss those perfect toes. Have a safe travel home! Mary Kate
What an awesome trip and what a beautiful little girl you both have! I love this blog and it does make me a little weepy for you both because I know how happy you must be. This is a trip of a lifetime to fully realize that at the end of this - you are now parents!
Have a safe trip home and roar on mother lioness, this is your first Mom's day! Congratulations!!! We all look forward to meeting your daughter sometime in the future!!
Post a Comment