Friday, May 7, 2010

Last Day in China

Well we are heading home tomorrow and besides the slight apprehension of the 14 hour flight all is well. We have one layover in Shanghai for about 5 hours before starting the long journey to Newark. This is the point of entry where Tessa will become a US citizen. Our trip has been memorable and we have met some wonderful families with so much love for the little ones they are welcoming into their homes. My hope is that we will be able to keep in touch as these last few weeks we have leaned on one another for support and at times sanity.

I would be lying if I didn't say I was exhausted with this process, but overjoyed with the gift we have been given. When I look at Tessa I can hardly believe she is really part of our family. Many have told us the time you have waited is quickly forgotten but I respectfully disagree. We don't understand why it took so long and we won't forget how our emotions changed over the years. Regardless, this was our time to become a family. Whether you believe in fate, aligning of the stars or divine intervention we are now together and ultimately that is all that matters.

4 comments:

Sarah123 said...

I concur, the wait is not quickly forgotten. How do you forget "6-9 months" turning into 3 years???? Anyway, so glad you are coming home. It will be hard at first with the time change etc. but I'm sure you will have people begging to help. ;-) Accept all offers that include food. That's my 2 cents for the day. Safe travels Hoffner family!

Tiffany Black said...

It is wonderful and OK for you to resent the time waiting. I would too. It is heartwrenching to know that it could have been sooner; but it wouldn't have been Tessa, were it sooner than now. She is a lucky little girl and you are lucky to have her.
Love you very much!

Daria said...

Have a safe trip!!!! I really enjoyed you sharing your adventures in China!

Tina Cumming said...

The waiting seems senseless but in the end, you were given a blessing. I hope the memories of frustration fade with time as you build on the joy you now share through your daughter.

It never made sense to anyone and it's a kind of grief that no one who is not in your position truly grasps. I am a glass half full kind of gal and know that despite all the challenges you and Will faced, you conquered the obstacles in the end and now can look forward to a future as a family.

God bless the little girl who found her way to you finally. She was meant to be yours!