Monday, April 26, 2010

At Last!!!




We have her!!!!! Today was amazing. We got to see all of the babies before they handed them to us. Filling out paperwork was almost impossible while they were in the room because everyone was so excited. Tessa was with her orphanage friend Hanna when we walked in. They were both wearing layers of clothing and looked like they were in snow suits. All of the parents were asked to go into another room and then they brought the babies in one by one. None of the babies were crying when they were brought into the room. We were last! Hopefully there are pictures of us as we all tried to film each other. We've attached a few shots. Of course we'll have more later.

Will and I immediately removed two layers of clothing (fleece!). She had her mouth open like a little bird and Will happily filled it with Cheerios. Tessa has a little cold with a raspy cough, but seems easy going so far (at least for the two hours we've had her). We weighed her at the hotel room and she weighs only 13.5 pounds! less than Rama. Her toes are free and she's sleeping. Hopefully we'll remain this lucky through the night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo excited. She is beautiful and don't worry she will plump up nicely before you know it! Since I am a lady of leisure and the gang from my "old job" cannot get the site at work, I sent it to select individuals in pieces.....Love to you both, Dot

Sarah123 said...

At long last!!!!!! So happy for you both!!!!! She's beautiful! Most of the babies had a cold in our group too. Lily says baby Tessa is cute, Nily like a Tessa. XO

Anonymous said...

At last...dream comes true! Tessa looks like she is doing some heavy snuggling! Amy

Jenn said...

YAY!!!!! So happy for you 3, love the pics. Cant wait till everyone is back home. :) Kisses and Hugs to Lil Tessa.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. Finally.......Sharnett

Tiffany said...

I was reading your journal to Scott and saw the picture of you sitting with Tessa, Kelly, and couldn't speak past the lump in my throat. I cried for awhile and have been dancing on cloud 9 since. (i also LOVE the one with Will on the bed with her). Have a safe and good trip home. you must be so ready to just get back and be a family. LOVE YOU VERY MUCH, MOM!