Tuesday, April 27, 2010

24 Hours of Tessa





We are still learning each other post 24 hours. We are enjoying down time with her and today we have all afternoon with Tessa. This morning was the Chinese paperwork and interview at the civil affairs office. Tessa had to be woken up to get dressed and go which does not make for a happy baby. However our appointment today went smoothly. We were interviewed, fingerprinted and declared a forever family. We tried to feed her some traditional Chinese congee (rice porridge) and jellied soy something or other before we left. She spit both of them up all over Will. Spit up stinks.

Tessa and Will slept relatively good, I on the other hand did not. She has a raspy cough that was worrying me but she seems better today. She sleeps like a starfish with varying degrees of movement like a turtle on its back. She is a wiggly little girl in sleep and awake. She finally had her first full bottle when she woke up this morning - these kids drink fast and eat fast. This is not a leisurely activity - she was slurping like she just crossed the Sahara. All the children are in a sort of transition - either feeding, digestive, or a bonding transition. The parents are trying to figure it all out....

Tomorrow we go to WalMart. I will be looking for a Starbucks myself.

Enjoy.

8 comments:

GA GA said...

Love the hat!! She is beautiful as I have said before!! I love you, Tessa. Keep those pictures coming, FF (forever family)!!
Excited, GAGA

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going as expected in my mind anyway. I know it is different for you. Will looks like an old pro already! As for colds they can last 7-10 days; the better measurement is behavior. If she's not running a fever or acting lethargic it will pass in time. Again I am acting as the electronic postal service for the "working class"...Dot

Sarah123 said...

Lily Mei and I are loving the pictures! Don't worry in a few days Tessa will get you trained. :-D After this the transition with continue to be hard for her parents, but not so much for the beautiful Tessa. Hang in there! Lily wouldn't drink from a bottle or sippy cup for days and all we could get down her was a couple sips of water from a glass. You are doing quite well. XO

Sarah and Lily Mei

Karen said...

Oh Kelly, Tessa is so precious!!! Congratulations!!! Have fun! :-)

--Karen Margroff

Daria said...

I really love that hat!!!! She looks so happy and in love with you both already!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats she is beautiful, reading your blog is bringing back alot of memories when Rose Ann and I were in China 17 months ago with Li-Li. Your bonding and building some great memories. In Guanghzou if your staying at the White Swan there is a Starbucks a few blocks away near a park which runs down the center of the streets. Enjoy your time I loved China.

Ken

Stephanie Seaman said...

She so stinking cute!

Jenn O said...

Oh man.... I forgot to tell you that "spit up" in the newest perfume/colonge scent.... everyone goes nuts over it... LOL! Glad all is going well. Seriously can not wait to squueze her little cheeks!!!